Among the annual highlights of the foodservice industry’s calendar in New York City is the annual SHFM Critical Issues Conference. Although the legendary reception will take a hiatus this year along with many industry events, the feeding of industry brains will now come to your computer.
The Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management (SHFM) has announced its annual Critical Issues Conference (CIC) will move to a virtual platform. With the theme of The Art of Change, the series will focus on the industry’s ability to adapt to the new normal. Speakers will examine adjustments to operations, supply chain challenges, what workplace hospitality will mean when workplaces reopen, and much more. Each CIC virtual session will include question and answer time to open the virtual floor for discussion.
Registration for the CIC Virtual Series is free for SHFM members. Non-members are invited to attend at a rate of $25 per session or $50 for the series. Registration is open now at the SHFM website.
The CIC Virtual Series sessions and speakers are:
Preparing for the New Normal: Operations
May 13 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Becky Schilling (Host), Editor-in-Chief, Food Management magazine at Informa
- Prentiss Hall, President & Founder, Aramark’s LifeWorks Restaurant Group
- Susie Weintraub, Chief Executive Officer, Envision Group, a division of Compass Group
Supplier Perspectives: Insights on the Evolving Supply Chain
May 20 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Bill Anderson (Host), VP/ Publisher, Foodservice Director Magazine
- Dennis Hogan, Chief Executive Officer, Foodbuy
- Greg Keller, Sr. Vice President of Sales and Chief Customer Officer, Sysco
- Thomas McQuillan, Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Culture and Sustainability, Baldor Specialty Foods, Inc.
Preparing for the New Normal: People
May 27 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. (EDT)
- Jerry White (Host), Publisher, PLATE Magazine
- Sharon Eliatamby, Senior Program Manager, The World Bank Group
- Gerri Mason Hall, Chief Diversity, Inclusion & Corporate Responsibility Officer, Sodexo
- Tiina Maurey, Divisional Transition Director, CBRE
- Emanuel Maxwell, People and Culture Leader, Guckenheimer
The final session in the CIC Virtual Series will be followed by a virtual trade show. Attendees will learn about products and services exhibitors are offering for the new normal and beyond as we prepare to reemerge into the workplace.
The Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management is the pre-eminent national association serving the needs and interests of executives in the corporate foodservice and workplace hospitality industries. Our principal role is to enhance the ability of our members to achieve career and business objectives in an ethical, responsible and professional climate. For more information, please visit www.shfm-online.org.