Tuesday is Final Day of Event, Co-Located with Healthy Food Expo and Coffee Fest
The final day of The 26th Annual International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York will open today at 10 am Tuesday, March 5 at the Javits Center in New York. The tradeshow and conference will be co-located with Healthy Food Expo New York and Coffee Fest, and one badge will grant attendees access to all three events offering the largest food & beverage experience in the Northeast. Healthy Food Expo New York will bring attendees access to the latest healthy products from organic, vegan, gluten-free and allergy-safe to hormone-free, non-GMO, plant-based, low-sodium, low-fat, and more. Coffee Fest will bring all things tea and coffee under one roof to provide attendees with the most innovative products in the industry.
Highlights from Monday, March 5:
The Beacon Award was presented to Amanda Cohen, Chef/Owner, Dirt Candy by Kathleen Wood, Founder, Kathleen Wood Partners during the Foodservice Council for Women Panel. The Beacon Award recognizes a woman leader who has truly served as a Beacon for the industry through her leadership, contributions, and inspiration. Other panelists included Elizabeth Falkner, Chef/Author/Artist; Anita Lo, Michelin Star Chef, 3-Stars New York Times, Iron Chef Winner, Top Chef Winner; and Claire M. Marin, Proprietor, Catskill Provisions.
Congratulations to Heidi Liv Tompkins, of Heidi’s Health Kitchen for winning the Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition for her Heidi’s Health Kitchen Raw Mock Tuna Recipe and winning $1,000. The event was sponsored by Total Food Service and supported by Meatless Monday and was judged by Maria Loi, Chef, Cookbook Author, Greek Food Ambassador; Peggy Neu President, The Monday Campaigns; Pecchia, Partner, @aosbysosa/co-host @rolandsfoodcourt @siriusxm; and Fabio Viviani, Chef, Culinary Personality, Restaurateur, Cookbook Author.
Congratulations to Janet Holt (center) President and CEO of RTE Cuisine for winning the Pitch the Press Program at the Show. Tom Loughran, Vice President of Clarion UX, producers of the Show presented the award to Janet and her son. Editors from several leading industry publications including Total Food Service, Modern Restaurant Management, Catering Magazine and Pastry Arts identified 10 innovative new products that were presented to the media and buyers.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR TUESDAY, MARCH 5th
Exhibit Hall Open 10:00am – 4:00pm
- 9th Annual Farm to City Expo Featuring Small Business Guide to Perfecting Your Pitch & Disrupting the Market Place – (10:30 am – 12:30 pm, Room 1D05). This workshop is for small food companies who are looking for ideas on how to differentiate their products and develop a sustainable narrative to help them sell more products and increase investor appeal.
- Chef Scottish Francis, The Donut King (10:30 am – 11:30 am) will provide attendees with mouthwatering Beignets.
- Chef Adam Lathan (11:30 am – 12:30 pm) will demonstrate his award-winning Gumbo made with his signature 2-hour roux, and secret blend of herbs and spices.
- Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Competition – Mardi Gras Edition, (12:30 pm – 2:00 pm), sponsored by Professional Bartenders Association and Bar Business Magazine will feature three bartenders who will compete to win $1,000. Judges include:
- Chef Ron Duprat (2:00 pm – 3:00 pm) will be delighting the audience with a Crawfish Broil, a long standing family tradition in Louisiana and the south in honor of Mardi Gras.
The three trade shows are owned and managed by Clarion UX (www.clarionux.com), and the International Restaurant Show of New York is sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association (www.nysra.org).