Vacuum Packers have become front and center as a necessity for many restaurant operators. There are many features to look for when choosing a vacuum packer, that can ensure you are getting the right piece of equipment for your needs.
Vacuum Packers have many benefits, and with the need now more than ever to reduce waste, and preserve the shelf life of product, there is no question, vacuum packers are a must have for your operation. Vacuum Packing has many benefits and can give operators the competitive advantage they need to thrive over their competition. Let’s look at some of those benefits:
- Extended Shelf Life: Vacuum sealing foods and liquids can extend the shelf life of the product drastically. Anywhere from a few weeks to few months! This allows for minimal waste and the ability to use all product.
- Protection: Vacuum sealing food adds a layer of protection from external sources. Additionally, this method prevents food from becoming dehydrated and will avoid the risk of freezer burns.
- Safety: By ensuring that foods are safely preserved, protected, and void of oxygen means that harmful mold and bacteria will be prevented from growing.
- Taste: By sealing your food and removing air, the flavors, texture, and moisture of the food will be retained. Plus, you’ll also get much more taste out of your stored food as vacuum sealing will help to preserve nutritional value in food.
With so many different vacuum packers on the market today, how do you know which one to choose? Here are the top 6 features to look for that Univex Corporation can provide. These features truly separate Univex Corporation from others on the market today.
6) Eight Different Savable Settings
In a Univex Vacuum Packer, customers can save up to 8 settings. This is a very functional feature, perfect for any operator looking to vacuum seal various types of items. Having a setting for each type of item will not only save the operator time but get a consistent seal with each use!
5) Flat Sealing Surface with Arched Top – Easy Cleaning!
The Univex Vacuum Packer comes standard with a flat bottom surface. Much different the most on the market, with a concaved bottom. The main reason for this design is easy cleaning. In a Univex Vacuum Packer, you can vacuum seal various sizes and shapes, but the flat bottom surface, allows easy cleaning for the operator!
4) Oil Change Warning Light
Just like your car, the Univex Vacuum Packer will alert you when it is time to change the oil. This allows you ensure that your machine is operating optimally, for perfect results every use.
3) Adjustable Automatic Vacuum Percentage Capability
With a Univex Vacuum Packer, you can vacuum seal from 0-100% with 10% increments. This allows you to vacuum seal specific objects much easier, and precisely without having to worry about compromising the product. A good example of this is being able to vacuum seal softer foods such as fish, let’s say at 80% vacuum sealed. While other foods such as vegetables, you can seal at 100%!
2) Printer or Gas Injection – We got it!
A great option that Univex Corporation has to offer their customers is the ability to add a built in printer, as well as gas injection.
The printer is perfect for labels, allowing you to mark and label specific products. This is a great option if you are preserving product for a later date, as you can mark the date it was sealed, along with some other unique features for labeling perfection.
The gas injection is a unique feature that allows you to vacuum seal products at 100% without crushing the product in the bag. This is perfect for fragile or soft product such as fish, or potato chips!
1) Liquid Automatic Vacuum Sealing
One of the biggest differentiators and abilities that truly separates the Univex Vacuum Packer from others is its ability to vacuum seal liquids with ease. The liquid automatic feature will prevent you from boiling or bursting your liquids in your sealing bag. This is perfect for saving liquids and sauces, as well as marinating meat! This feature is a game changer, and truly separates the Univex Vacuum Packer from others.
Vacuum sealing plays a vital role in todays kitchen. Whether you are looking to preserve product, or use it to sous vide cook, the benefits a vacuum packer brings to a customers operation is very important.
For more information on vacuum packers and all things Univex, please visit the Univex website.