The Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management (SHFM) will host its 2019 Critical Issues Conference on Wednesday, April 10, 2019, at American Express in New York City. Like past years, the event features educational seminars on professional development and industry issues and networking opportunities.
The Critical Issues Conference originated in response to the events of September 11, 2001, and the foodservice and hospitality industry’s responsiveness to the community’s needs at that time. In its aftermath, SHFM members came together to host an area-wide conference and established the Critical Issues Conference as an annual event. Each year, inspired by a specific industry challenge and its opportunities, SHFM leaders select a critical industry issue as the focus of this conference.
The 2019 Critical Issues Conference theme is Delivering, Measuring and Mastering Exceptional Customer Service. Industry experts will address leveraging the changes redefining hospitality and world-class service; enhancing techniques for measuring customer satisfaction; and incorporating strategies for building loyalty by building client connections.
Speakers at the 2019 Critical Issues Conference include:
- Suzanne Heidelberger, Senior Vice President, Global Real Estate & Workplace Experience, American Express
- Adam Freed, Senior Vice President, Creative Development, FLIK Hospitality Group
- Alan Gallo, Executive Vice President, Global Business Services, American Express
- Peter J. Miscovich, Managing Director, Strategy + Innovation, Jones, Lang, LaSalle – JLL
- Ken Fordyce, Ph.D, Director Advanced Analytics, Arkieva
- Jukka M. Laitamaki, Ph.D., Clinical Professor, New York University, Jonathan M. Tisch Center of Hospitality
- Ronni Schorr, Global Vice President of Marketing, Circles, Sodexo Group
- Becky Schilling, Editor-in-Chief, Food Management magazine at Penton
- Julian Clayton, Vice President, WeWork’s Powered by We Experience
- Tony Johnson, CCXP, Global Director of Service Excellence, Aramark
- Allison Silver, Vice President, Global Advertising, American Express
SHFM Young Professional Members can attend a pre-conference session to discuss ways they deliver and retain excellence in customer service. In addition, industry leader and SHFM Past President, Holly Von Seggern with HRV Marketing & Communications, will touch on building a personal brand in the workplace.
There is an additional pre-conference session for SHFM Client Liaison, Self-Operator, Contractor and Integrated Facility Manager members to exchange ideas with industry professionals who share similar membership classifications.
For the full agenda and other details about the SHFM 2019 Critical Issues Conference visit: https://www.shfm-online.org/2019cic
The Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management is the pre-eminent national association serving the needs and interests of executives in corporate foodservice and workplace hospitality. Our principal role is to enhance the ability of our members to achieve career and business objectives in an ethical, responsible and professional climate. For more information, please visit www.shfm-online.org.