The Next Big Bite: What We Will Cook, Eat, Drink and Crave in 2019 Slated for October 1 in NYC
Learn what’s next in food and drink from a stellar lineup of culinary luminaries and rising stars on October 1, 2018, at The Next Big Bite, the fourth annual trends event presented by Les Dames D’Escoffier New York (LDNY) at The New York Law School in Tribeca. LDNY is an invite-only women’s culinary organization whose members are leaders in their fields, and whose efforts include funding scholarships for emerging women professionals in food, fine beverage and hospitality.
With Joe Yonan, food and dining editor, The Washington Post, cookbook author, and editor of “America The Great Cookbook,” as master of ceremonies, this year’s The Next Big Bite pairs lauded experts with rising stars for four one-on-one conversations about what we will cook, eat, drink, and crave in 2019.
Dorie Greenspan, cookbook author, speaker and “On Dessert” columnist for The New York Times and Christina Tosi, author, pastry chef and CEO of New York’s Milk Bar, are just one of the provocative pairings.
The New York Law School
185 West Broadway, New York, N.Y. 10013
Monday, October 1, 2018
- 5:30 p.m. – Doors open
- 6:00 –7:30 p.m. – Program
- 7:30 – 9 p.m. – Cocktail Reception at the Rooftop Terrace and Lounge catered by Abigail Kirsch
- COOK – Jacques Pépin, world-renowned chef, author and cooking show host, and Gesine Bullock-Prado, owner of Sugar Glider Kitchen, cookbook author and host of Food Network’s “Baked in Vermont”
- EAT – Carla Hall, author of “Carla Hall’s Soul Food,” culinary storyteller and host of YouTube’s “Daily Chop,” andMolly Yeh, cookbook author, host of Food Network’s “Girl Meets Farm” and the blog “My Name is Yeh”
- DRINK – Lettie Teague, writer and wine columnist for TheWall Street Journal and Natalka Burian, author of “A Woman’s Drink” and owner of the Brooklyn bars Elsa and Ramona
- CRAVE – Dorie Greenspan, cookbook author, speaker and “On Dessert” columnist for The New York Times, and Christina Tosi, author, pastry chef and CEO of Milk Bar
TICKETS: $85 for general admission and $135 for VIP admission.
TO BUY TICKETS: https://bit.ly/2LIz84s
LODGING: A block of rooms at discounted rates has been arranged at Duane Street Hotel from September 29 – October 2. Click here for information.
EVENT SPONSORS: EVENT SPONSORS: Sponsors include Kerrygold, Wolf Gourmet, Handsome Brook Farm, Niman Ranch, Anolon, Kitchen Chat, Melitta, Wüsthof, The Elysium Collection and Abigail Kirsch Catering.
MEDIA PARTNERS: Heritage Radio Network, Pastry Arts Magazine, The Connected Table Live, Total Food Service.
PRESS PASSES: Please contact Louise Kramer at email@example.com. Bios, headshots and interviews are available on request.
About Les Dames d’Escoffier New York: Les Dames d’Escoffier is the preeminent organization of women who are leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality. The New York chapter (LDNY) is the founding and largest of the 38 chapters in the United States and abroad. Established in 1976 by Carol Brock (food reporter for the Sunday New York Daily News at the time), LDNY has 160 members. Visit www.ldny.org; follow on Twitter @LesDamesNY #TNBB #TheNextBigBite #LesDamesNY