Imagine a wonderland of the world’s best chocolate, cheese, olive oil, charcuterie savory snacks, spices, organic products and more.
You’ll find these products, and the entrepreneurs behind them, at the 2016 Summer Fancy Food Show at Javits Center June 26-28. This is a trade-only event where you’ll find countless great stories about the latest foods, hot new trends, fabulous visuals, cutting-edge entrepreneurs and winners of the Specialty Food Association sofi Awards, the “Oscars” of specialty food.
The exhibit halls will be filled with an estimated 180,000 specialty foods from 2,500 food companies from across the U.S. and 50 countries, including hundreds from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and close to 100 from Tunisia, the show’s country partner. 25,000 buyers from top names are expected, including Whole Foods Market, Starbucks, Jet Blue, Marriott, FreshDirect, Kroger, Eli’s Manhattan, and Food52 Shop.
In addition, there are numerous events and seminars open to media. Highlights include:
- Opening Night Party – Sunday, June 26, 5 – 7 p.m. open to all
- Hall of Fame and Leadership Awards Ceremony, Monday, June 27, 5 – 6:30 p.m.
- Seminars including “The Future is Now: Innovative Ideas that Will Change How we Produce, Sell and Eat,” with key figures in the food movement, Tuesday, June 28, 8 – 10 a.m.
- A full list of sessions, all open to press space permitting, can be found here
- City Harvest, the world’s first food rescue organization, will send over 300 volunteers to collect more than six tractor trailers of best in food, to be distributed to 500 soup kitchens, food pantries and other community food programs across NYC as soon as show closes. Tuesday, June 28, starting at 4 p.m.
SHOW HOURS (Press Office opens at 8 a.m. each day):
- Sunday, June 26, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Monday, June 27, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 28, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Javits Center, 655 W 34th St., New York
Press Credential Pick Up: Room 1C04, Lower Level
NOTE: Press must register to cover the show. Pre-registration is most efficient.
Click here to register. Or come to the Show Press Office, Room 1C04, during show hours, to register in person.
* Interviews with Specialty Food Association experts and executives are available upon request
SUMMER FANCY FOOD SHOW MEDIA CONTACT:
Julie Stern, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-805-4988
SPECIALTY FOOD ASSOCIATION MEDIA CONTACT:
Louise Kramer, email@example.com or 646-878-0130.
The Specialty Food Association is a thriving community of food artisans, importers, and entrepreneurs. Established in 1952 in New York, the not-for-profit trade association provides its 3,200+ members in the U.S. and abroad with resources, knowledge and connections to champion and nurture their companies in an always-evolving marketplace. The Association owns and produces the Winter and Summer Fancy Food Shows, and presents the sofi™ Awards honoring excellence in specialty food. Learn more at specialtyfood.com