- This event has passed.
Valrhona Chocolate Chef Competition
October 25, 2016
In their second partnership with StarChefs, Valrhona announces an elite roster of pastry chef competitors, who will gather in New York this fall for the internationalValrhona C³ (Chocolate Chef Competition) on October 24, 2016. In 2015, Nicolas Blouin of Rosewood Mansion in Dallas took home the grand prize at C³. At this year’s competition, hosted at the 11th Annual StarChefs International Chefs Congress in Brooklyn, New York, Blouin will represent North America as he challenges pastry chefs from across the globe.
The Chocolate Chef Competition (aka C³) celebrates the professional pastry chef and honors the elaborate nature of the trade in all of its technical and creative aspects. “Valrhona’s mission is to create community and creative exchange between pastry professionals to push the industry forward,” says Anthony Valla, COO of Valrhona USA. “ICC shares this goal and is a great way to promote the celebrated C3 competition in North America.”
Selected during fierce regional contests organized by Valrhona in 2015 and 2016, the pastry chef finalists are:
- Yusuke Aoki | Ritz-Carlton | Doha, QATAR
- Fabrizio Fiorani | BVLGARI Hotels & Resorts | Tokyo, JAPAN
- Nicola Dobnik | Del Cambio | Turin, ITALY
- Fredrik Borgskog | Upper House/Gothia Towers | Gothenburg, SWEDEN
- Andrea Dopico | Moments | Barcelona, SPAIN
- Benjamin Kunert | Atlantis by Giardino | Zürich, SWITZERLAND
- Damien Gendron | Grand Hotel | Cap Ferrat, FRANCE
- Nicolas Blouin | Rosewood Mansion | Dallas, USA