- This event has passed.
The Impact of New York City’s School Gardens Breakfast Seminar
April 27, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 10:15 amFree
- Gale Brewer – Manhattan Borough President
- Kate Brashares – Executive Director at Edible Schoolyard NYC
- Jessie Kerr-Vanderslice – Director at Grow to Learn, GrowNYC
- Katherine Soll – CEO/Director at Teens for Food Justice
- Toby Adams – Director of the Edible Academy at the New York Botanical Garden
Moderator Charles Platkin, PhD, JD, MPH, the executive director of the NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College, will discuss how school gardens impact the food system by teaching children about healthy nutrition, urban agriculture, and the importance of local food at a young age.
Healthy Breakfast Will Be Served @ 8:30am, Talk at 9am