Share this post
August 9th, 2012
James Beard Foundation’s Honors Cast of Chopped
More than 1,200 guests attended the annual tasting party and fundraiser at the Wölffer Estate Vineyard in Sagaponack, N.Y. The event featured flowing Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte, the wines of Wölffer Estate Vineyard, and delicious tastings from a select group of more than 35 fine chefs, including several James Beard Award winners.
Notable guests included Carey Lowell, co-owner of Bedford Post Inn, whose chef, Jeremy McMillan, participated in the event, “Real Housewife” Jill Zarin, television food critic and chef Katie Lee, and lifestyle expert and restaurateur B. Smith.
The James Beard Foundation’s Chefs & Champagne® New York is considered the East End’s premiere culinary event. A silent auction consisting of fine dining experiences, wines and spirits, cookware, and culinary travel packages raised over $60,000 to support the James Beard Foundation’s mission and educational programs.
Carrying on its long tradition of supporting culinary education, the James Beard Foundation acknowledged Eliza Martin of New York, NY, as the 2012 recipient of the Christian Wölffer Scholarship during the event. Past Christian Wölffer Scholarship recipients Christina Cassel and Mercedes Wilby were also in attendance. Established in 2006, the Christian Wölffer Scholarship assists students in their study of food and wine.
Chefs & Champagne® New York participating chefs included:
- Christopher Agnew, Caviar Russe, NYC
- Pastry Chef Dominique Ansel, Dominique Ansel Bakery, NYC
- Pastry Chef Marc Aumont, The Modern, NYC
- Timon Balloo, Sugarcane, Miami, FL
- Jonathan Benno, Lincoln Ristorante, NYC
- David Bouley**, Bouley Restaurant, NYC
- Pastry Chef Heather Carlucci, Print, NYC
- Pastry Chef David Carmichael, Gilt, NYC
- Cesare Casella, Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto, NYC
- Jeremy Culver, Fulton, NY
- Todd English**, The Todd English Food Hall, NYC
- Todd Gray, Equinox Restaurant, Washington, D.C.
- Chris Hastings**, Hot and Hot Fish Club, Birmingham, AL
- Gerry Hayden and Pastry Chef Claudia Fleming**, The North Fork Table & Inn, Southold, NY
- Luke Holden, Luke’s Lobster, NYC
- Daniel Humm**, Eleven Madison Park, NYC
- Marcus Jernmark, Aquavit, NYC
- Laurent Kalkotour, DB Bistro Moderne, NYC
- Larry Kolar, Solé East, Montauk, NY
- Juan Carlos Landazuri, Alison Eighteen, NYC
- Christopher Lee**, Huntington Social, Huntington, NY
- Aliya LeeKong, Junoon, NYC
- Andrew Matthews, BLT Prime, NYC
- Jeremy McMillan, Bedford Post Inn, Bedford, NY
- Jehangir Mehta, Mehtaphor, NYC
- Gretchen Menser, Fresno, East Hampton, NY
- Seamus Mullen, Tertulia, NYC
- Mads Refslund, Acme, NYC
- Marcus Samuelsson**, Red Rooster Harlem, NYC
- Richard Sandoval, Raymi, NYC
- Chris Santos**, Beauty & Essex, NYC
- Tim Sullivan, Great Performances, NYC
- Pastry Chef Meredith Tomason, Craft, NYC
- Steve Topple, Ludwig’s at the Sonnenalp Resort of Vail, Vail, CO
- Michael Weisshaupt, Restaurant Latour at Crystal Springs Resort, Hamburg, NJ
- Simpson Wong, Wong, NYC
- * * James Beard Award Winner
The exclusive Champagne sponsor is Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte. Sponsors are American Roland Food Corp., Coca-Cola®, Delta Air Lines, ForbesLife, Forever Cheese, GODIVA Chocolatier, Great Performances, Mercedes-Benz, Plum Media, Royal Cup Coffee, Stella Artois®, Verterra, Wolffer Estate Vineyard, and WVVH-Hamptons TV. Supporters include Chefwear, Citarella, Koppert Cress, Lenox Tableware and Gifts, Party Rental Ltd, and Sag Harbor Florist.
Total Food Twitter
TFS_TotalFood 6 hours ago
The Shake Shack Explosion: How @dhmeyer ’s #Burger Chain Gets Bigger by Appearing Smaller: http://t.co/HSn3w62EEO via @grubstreetny
TFS_TotalFood 7 hours ago
We wish everyone a Very Safe and Happy Memorial Day weekend!
TFS_TotalFood 1 day ago
Great Interview by @DustyBakerGal of @seriouseatsny with the inventive & talented @sarahmcsimmons of @citygrit http://t.co/9uB3KKhdlf
TFS_TotalFood 1 day ago
#Gin, #Tonic and a Dash of Restraint http://t.co/tNrTDtXM7X