The Art of Catering Food features a full schedule of culinary-intensive sessions, jam-packed with action and up-close and personal learning experiences. Anchored in the nation’s capital this year, this unique training event taps into local talent to share their secrets to success. The event will highlight a range of exceptional chefs from the mid-Atlantic, to the Northeast, and beyond.
A sneak peek into featured sessions:
- Sitting Down at the Table With the Millennial Generation – Todd Gray, Chef/Owner, Equinox Restaurant (Washington, DC)
- A five-time nominee for the James Beard Foundation’s Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic Award, Todd Gray owns the stellar DC culinary establishment, Equinox. As Millennials are stepping in to reshape today’s restaurant and catering world, he’ll explain how to connect with the group through healthy options, crafted food and beverages, more plant-based menus, and the option to customize menu selections to their specific tastes.
- Fresh Catch. Creating Magic Using Sustainable Seafood – Eric LeVine, Chef/Owner, Morris Tap and Grill (Randolph, NJ)
- Chefs worldwide have committed to helping their customers make better seafood choices to ensure healthy oceans for the future. From appetizers to entrées, Eric will present mouth-watering seafood recipes that are appropriate for catering, and showcase sustainable seafood choices. With 35 years of experience in the foodservice industry, Eric is an international award-winning chef and Food Network “Chopped” champion.
- The Chocolate Experience. One Bite at a Time – Meena Purushothaman, Executive Pastry Chef; and Sara Hancock Assistant Pastry Chef, Occasions Caterers (Washington, DC)
- Recognized as the nation’s first Certified Green Restaurant Caterer, Occasions is dedicated to initiatives such as using sustainable and locally sourced ingredients. In this session by their top-notch pastry team, review chocolate techniques such as tempering and making ganache. Learn methods to mold chocolate bon bons and infuse flavors into cream for chocolate creations.
- Vegetables Forward, Please! – Ken Barrett, Executive Director; and Jennis Heal, Executive Chef, BG Events and Catering (Boston, MA)
- BG Events and Catering is an ultra-creative team of planners, chefs, producers, servers and more. This duo demonstrates the possibilities for artfully designed and tastefully prepared vegetable-focused meals to serve 500 or more. Learn prep systems, plating practices, and new recipe ideas for common vegetables in this idea-packed session.
More Local Inspiration:
- Go Behind the Scenes – Catering Facility Tours: Beyond its more than 20 classroom training sessions, The Art of Catering Food will host optional tours of local catering kitchens for a behind the scenes look into some of the region’s most state-of-the-art facilities. See tour information here: artofcateringfood.com/activities
- Capitol Fare: An Exclusive Evening Event: Engage with culinarians from across the country at an exclusive party showcasing the local flavors and flare of the nation’s capital. Produced by local Occasions Caterers, the event will take place at Dock Five, an industrial chic warehouse connected to Union Market. See full details here:artofcateringfood.com/events
To see the full education schedule and learn more about The Art of Catering Food, visit: schedule.artofcateringfood.com/list
Apply for a Media Pass: Please email CatersourcePR@ubm.com with your request and credentials
Catersource is the world’s premier resource dedicated to the education and growth of catering and event professionals. Catersource provides the most expansive network relevant to the catering and events business, producing in-depth educational offerings at the largest industry conference and tradeshow. Catersource magazine, an award-winning B2B resource for industry professionals who are passionate about their businesses, is published seven times a year and provides rich editorial content online. For more information, visit catersource.com. Catersource is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communications services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
The International Caterers Association (ICA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing education, mentoring and resources for professional caterers and promoting the profession of catering to clients, industry members, vendors, and the public. The membership is comprised of both off-premise and on-premise caterers from around the globe. The ICA is governed by a Board of Directors respected by the industry and dedicated to giving back to the profession. The ICA is the premier association dedicated to educating and raising a level of awareness about the catering industry. Membership in the ICA will enhance your professionalism and garner respect from your clients. Join the ICA today and begin to reap the benefits that the ICA offers your company. For more information, visit the International Caterers Association.